Any vet? Dosing interview Dexamethasone?
My cat has pemphigus and I had finally gotten her into remission on the dexamethasone. We moved the dosage to every other day 10 days ago. I hold noticed signs of the disease again, a scab on her head and below the mouth and her ear is twitching.
She had her pill yesterday. Should I administer her another today because of signs of the disease returning. I won't be able to talk to the vet until tomorrow. Should i dawdle to hear from the vet or should i go ahead and up the dosage, giving her one today?
Cats are not very sensitive to corticosteriods. If the cat is over 9 months old and is of a natural weight, and has no other conditions, it should be fine. Call the vets bureau and get their emergency number and call it to get ahold of your vet. I would propose only giving half the dose today.