How Do You Keep Cats Out of Christmas tree's ?
I have 5 cats and i got my christmas tree's up right now. And i am wondering whether there is anything to keep my 5 cats out of my christmas tree's this year?
Good Luck!! i know as soon as i put my tree up my cat is going to climb it or something lol my sister say put moth balls or lavender around the tree ..but im not sure this will work.
I also try not to get any ornaments that are shiny and likely to attract their attention.
We own a kitten this year and will be tying the tree to the ceiling.
My cats usually get bored with the tree after it's be in the house for a few days.
Wish I could help more. Best of luck!
(we own a water bottle nearby, but don't tell them). We put the the nonbreakable stuff at the bottom and anytime they draw from near the tree or show interest they get hollered at. I would also spray a little Bitter Apple on the lower flimsy strings/cords.
And be sure you NEVER use the shiny tinsle stuff the some decorate the trees with - those strands will murder a cat if they eat it and try to swallow it.
Well I've been trying to digit out the answer to this question myself! However, after asking for advice from various sources, I enjoy a few ideas of what to try:
1. Get citrus scented body spray and spray it all over the tree and around it (while the lights are unplugged of course).
2. Sprinkle pepper around the tree
3. Take a green envelope and overrun it with cayenne or red chilli pepper, poke a few tiny holes in it and hang it within discreet places around the tree.
4. Fill a can with pennies and shake it whenever the cat goes near the tree.
5. Set up a motion sensor to your vacuum, next to the sensors around the tree.
6. Set up mouse traps (upside down, of course) around the tree under the skirt.
I suppose any of these techniques could work on any area you want your cat to stay absent from!
By the way, some people suggest using Icy Hot or Vicks Vapor Rub within various ways- but DO NOT! If the cat happens to get a hold of it on their proboscis or they indgest it, it could kill them.
my cats love christmas trees. its so fuunny!!...
tee hee! funny!
Been there done that lol
No. they will find a way in your tree, Unless you grasp a fake one. They are attracted to the fresh smell and feel of a natural tree, esp. whether they are indoor cats only. Also, all the dangling things are great toys. DO NOT USE TINSEL...EVER!!