What does it denote when your dog eat thier own poop?
Besides the fact he is a nasty little puppy.
He has hose, and he still has some food left in his bowl.
his poop contains all the food that ha ate before so he is re-eating his teatime
I'm sure he's not a harsh little puppy btw!
PS A friend of mine, having had her adult Min.Schnauzer on medication from her vet to try to stop this, is in a minute resorting to getting a muzzle. Bit extreme to my mind, but ...
Most pups do grow out of the infatuation as they mature.
The only product I know of that actually works is Foster Smith Dis-taste.
The best article to do is quick pick ups and if you see the pup going for it, a good loud Ah Ah should divert their attention to make a contribution you time to pick it up.
There are products you can try to achieve him to stop, like Deter or pineapple. Or, just pick it up before he can guzzle it!
My first dog would never eat her own-- only cat poop she found all over our courtyard from feral cats!
I would play with the puppy more often or change his food to a better standard.
Maybe the puppy just likes to eat it but whether he is still healthy, I would just ignore and see whether he
Most puppies guzzle their own poop. disgusting i know..but it can become habit forming here is some pills you can buy/go get to give to him. http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js... i used to work at petsmart and alot of associates used them.. also
Why Dogs Eat Poop: 20 Reasons
1. Your dog might be hungry. If your dog doesn't have access to food, he might eat poop.
2. Some dogs will eat poop to verbs up an area like a housekeeper. This is most likely whether your dog is confined to a crate or kennel, or when he's chained up or otherwise restricted. He's taking care of his space.
3. If your dog likes to take poop, and then eat it, it could be genetics. Some dogs hold instincts to carry stuff in their mouths.
4. Your dog might be eating poop because of vermin or worms. They can suck nutrients out of your dog, driving him to eat poop. It might also leave him extra hungry because of the need of proper fuel.
5. Your dog might be eating cat poop or other animal poop to get key nutrients and minerals not available contained by his own food.
6. Some dogs will simply eat poop to pass the time. Dogs will eat poop because they are bored or lonely. It can be a sign of abandon.
7. Your dog might eat poop because he's anxious, nervous or otherwise upset. Stress will drive animals to do odd things.
8. Some dogs will get through poop to hide the evidence. If you punish your dog for pooping, he might eat it to stop you from getting angry.
9. If your dog has puppies, she might chomp through puppy poop. This is an instinct to hide the poop from predators. Poop is evidence. Getting ride of it keeps her puppies not detrimental.
10. Some young dogs and puppies will eat poop as a novelty. That is, they'll devour poop as an experiment. They don't know better.
11. If your dog watches you pick up poop, he might learn to do the same. This is called allelomimetic behavior. Your dog observe you and learns from you, by putting the poop in his mouth you put poop in a case.
12. Your dog might see others dogs eating poop. From this, they learn to eat poop too.
13. Many dogs simply approaching the taste of poop. This obviously doesn't make sense to dog owners but that's irrelevant. Some dog similar to to eat it and that's that. It's warm, moist, and very much approaching what your dog was given as a very young puppy.
14. If your dog food lacks switch nutrients, he might eat poop. Your dog is trying to get "food" with nutrients any passageway possible, even from his own poop.
15. Sometimes dog poop seems like dog food. This can happen when dog food is low level and includes materials that are easily passed and not absorbed by your dog. When the dog poops, it seems to be intensely much like the food he just consumed!
16. In some cases, dogs will eat poop whether they are given too much food. This is especially true if your dog's diet is high surrounded by fat.
17. Some dogs will eat poop to gain attention. Many dog owners get particularly upset when their dog eats poop, which means the dog gets attention. This is a wonderful opportunity for your dog to interact beside you, although it is because of negative attention.
18. It is possible that some dogs will eat the poop of other, more dominant dogs. Your dog might be more submissive than other dogs, resulting in strange poop consumption behavior. This seems to occur more in households beside multiple dogs where dominance and submission is a factor. Obviously this doesn't explain much about dogs eating cat poop or other animal poop.
19. It is possible that your dog requests to eat more than one time per day. If you only nurture your dog once per day, and your dog eats poop, it could be an indication they want to eat more frequently.
20. In some cases, your dog will get through poop by accident. Dogs are curious and will try to eat almost anything, including poop. Dogs explore the world through tang and smell, much more than humans.
hope this helps!
he has worms take him or her to the vet
You can buy For-Bid or De-Ter at pet and feed stores, to sprinkle on the dog's food which will make the poop fancy nasty to him/her. You may need more than one packet. You can also order it online at: http://www.kvvet.com
It help a lot, too, to scoop up the poop right away so the dog can't obtain to it.