What should I do near my dog, after she drank cooking grease?
My neighbor poured remaining cooking oil in our backyard, my 2 yr. old Bichon Frise go over and drank it. She has been vomiting and pooping all over and i dont know what to do. I call the vet, and they didnt really help. Any suggestions?
It's just going to purge her system which means lots of poop and puke. The poor item. I hope you at least have words with yout neighbor something like this and send any vet bills their way.
The cooking oil isn't going to do any binding damage. Can't say the same for anything that may or may not hold been in the cooking oil.
If it be mine I would give it some kopectate and watch it like a hawk for any other developing symptoms.
Maybe call another vet?
feed her plain white rice maybe near a bit of chicken broth (low or no sodium) keep her on that until she firms back up. It might take a daylight or two. As long as she is drinking water and eating a bit, she'll be fine. Don't let her step more than 24 hours without drinking. The vet will have to administer liquid under the skin at that point. But the rice diet should work provided there be nothing toxic in the oil.
telephone another vet or take her in yourself