Why does my westie step crazy everytime i use bleach?
every time i use bleach to clean my westie goes crazy, he runs round barking, crying, acting really alarmed and angry
I used bleach and detergent to clean my house until I started getting blood noses constantly. It be because I had burned the soft tissue and thinned the skin covering the fine veins inside my nose. I have practically burnt a hole from one side of my nostril to the other side.
There sre better products to use for cleaning on the market , so please consider changing.I now use cleaners with baking powder and citrus extracts and contain no phosphorous. I use Ajax.
My friends lab rips at his feet because he's allergic to bleach.
Even diluted bleach can make your notrils burn and your eyes sting. Take a correct whiff of it, then imagine that smell magnified 100 times. That's what its similar to for your dog. It may not seem very strong where you're standing, several foot above the floor, but imagine being a foot away from it.
He's feasible being irritated by the bleach and wants to get rid of it. Try using more animal friendly products. Vinegar and dampen go along way.
You've got to realise, a dogs sense of smell is probably a hundred times stronger than a humans, as with air fresheners and hearth rug conditioners the smell will be over powering for them.
Ray. West York's.U.K.
It's a very strong smell and it might irritate his muzzle. Can you use non-bleach floor cleaner. You can get it in supermarkets, it's still antibacterial.
I hope this is a joke..try cleaning yourself with bleach and see how it feel!
add: try using punctuation and make yourself clearer!
Dogs have strong senses. Just think the smell of bleach isn't nice, and its worse for dogs.
I've found using a scour pad is better than bleach.
Also try boiling it in water.